Updated March 12, 2020: The Global DH Symposium will be an all virtual event in 2020.
The closest hotel to the Symposium is the East Lansing Marriott.
There are also hotels farther down Grand River Ave and Michigan Ave that offer complimentary shuttles. More information can be found on this list of local hotels generated by Michigan State University.
Conference attendees can opt to stay with an MSU local at no cost, though availability may be limited! If you think you might be interested in a homestay, please fill out this survey and we will be in touch.
A block of rooms in Owen Hall on campus has been reserved for conference attendees. Single rooms are available at a rate of $50/night, and each single room shares a bathroom with one other single room. Please note that bookings have a 2-night minimum stay for the Symposium (as opposed to the usual 3-night minimum). Requests to share space with a particular fellow attendee can be accommodated.
More information on rooms is available below and on this information sheet for visiting scholars. Guests should email Geoff Parkerson directly to book a room, but feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Check-in time: 3:00PM or later
Check-out time: 11:00AM or earlier
- Suite-style rooms (two rooms are adjoined by a common bathroom)
- Bedding -Blanket, mattress pad, pillow, pillow case, flat sheet, fitted sheet and towels
- Wi-Fi is available throughout Owen Hall
- Small refrigerator
- Alarm clock
- Room furnishings – Elevated bed, desk, desk chair, & dresser under the bed.
- Study lounges on each floor.
- Entire building and campus is smoke-free as of August 2016 (University ordinance)
- Community Kitchen
- Public Computers –Located in the 1st floor lobby
- Laundry Room –Free with stay